Job Description: Dallas Heritage is looking for help with the care and maintenance of its grounds and buildings. The Maintenance Assistant works 28 hours per month, scheduled in full-day and half-day increments.General Job Duties: Performs maintenance, repair and landscape work to insure proper functioning and appearance of the museum buildings, grounds, fences and other physical assets. Specific work tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minor to moderate wood repair and painting of buildings, outbuildings, porches and ramps, fences, park benches and garden structures
- Minor repairs of plumbing (not work requiring professional license)
- Replacement of HVAC filters, lightbulbs, alarm device batteries. Light bulbs include exterior lighting up to 20’ high.
- Remove leaves from building gutters, two times per year.
- Landscape work such as weeding, trimming and planting decorative garden beds, and hauling and placing mulch.