Ticket Office/History Educator
Job Description : Ticket office and History Educators are friendly, well-versed, and responsible individuals who serve every visitor at Dallas Heritage Village. The position is two-fold as they are the primary front-line staff that must maintain and assist in the retail portion of our business as well as interact with guests in immersive ways to demonstrate and teach history. Therefore, each History Educator is required to be cross-trained for at least two posts, one of which must be the ticket office.
The Ticket Office is located at our front gate and serves as a place to welcome visitors as they purchase their admission. The Ticket Office is also home to our museum gift shop which features vintage-inspired merchandise.
- Greet and assist museum visitors as they purchase tickets or items in the store.
- Check-in and orient school groups and tours.
- Stock and maintain items and inventory in the store and any interactive areas.
- Clean and tidy store and depot storage room as needed.
- Handle the register and all electronic sales.
- Lock buildings at close, except on weekends.
- Assist with special weekend family-friendly events.
General Job Duties:
- Provide high quality customer service to all museum visitors.
- Be familiar with the school tour program and engage students who visit.
- Must think creatively and demonstrate flexibility as part of a small staff.
- Continue learning about history as new questions are asked by visitors and new exhibits are developed by staff.
- Must be flexible and adapt to visitor needs.
- All staff should be able to provide general tours of Millermore and Sullivan.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the interpretive areas as appropriate.
- For historic building posts, period clothing is required.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large and small groups of all ages.
- Be comfortable handling electronic sales and occasionally working a register.
- Have a desire and demeanor for working with the public.
- A strong interest in history is preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Flexible schedules available but must be able to work weekdays and weekends.
Maximum 20 hours a week. Pay: $12/hourPlease submit your resume and cover letter to Scott Elliott, Lead History Educator, Dallas Heritage Village, 1515 S. Harwood St, Dallas, TX 75215-1273